Friday, April 17, 2009

Golden opportunity to take advantage of a buyers market

[Source - Darin Perrett - HomeLife Vision Realty Inc, Brokerage]

One of the Realtors who I have dealt with over the past few years recently sent out a great article to his clients which I would like to share with you.

As you know prices have fallen in the GTA due to the economic downturn. This is a golden opportunity to take advantage of a buyers market. Some of my clients have taken advantage of lower pricing to purchase a larger home or rental property.

I’m sure most of you, like me, said to yourself from 2002 -2007, I SHOULD HAVE, I COULD HAVE, I DIDN’T, and missed out some amazing returns on profit. As you look at the history of real estate, it’s always been a winner for investors. Yes we have gone through recessions before, and if you look at statistics and charts of years past, you will see that real estate has always bounced back to bigger and better profits. Prices have fallen back to 2006 pricing.

Buyers are now in a position of strength. With prices falling and sales to listing ratio above normal this allows buyers more flexibility, choice and bargaining power. Please take a look at the most recent Market Watch Report from the Toronto Real Estate Board, attached. You will see that March was a fantastic month. The gap of unit sales from 2008 to 2009 is starting to close. This means the trend could soon slow down and we could start turning the corner of more prosperous ways again and of course back to a sellers market.

If you have recently thought about buying or upgrading to a larger home or perhaps thought about buying an investment property there has never been a better time. Unlike stocks, bricks and mortar has been a winner time and time again. You know right now that prices are down; you know it’s a buyers market; and you know that this trend will not stay like this for long. Don’t procrastinate, take advantage of this market and make some money in the next 5-10 years. Don’t say to yourself two or three years from now, I SHOULD HAVE, I COULD HAVE, I DIDN’T.

If you have any questions, concerns or need any info, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to help you or any of your friends & family with their real estate needs.

Take care and enjoy your spring!!!!


Darin Perrett can be contacted at:
416-802-4492 (Direct)
416-383-1828 (24 Hour Pager)
416-383-1821 (24 Hour Fax)
www.darinperrett.com
dperrett@trebnet.com

No comments: